Covid-19 Infection Control Procedures
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may see this on the day of your appointment. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you or your POA beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again on the day of your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Because appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, you will be seen in your room and will experience increased wait times. We will have to allow for greater times between patients.
- We will ask you to sanitize/wash your hands before/after seeing the dentist.
- Patient to be seen in their private room
- Only essential people present during procedures
- Mask/face shield worn by DDS
- Wash/sanitize hands before and after procedures
- Gloves will be worn in patient’s private room
- Check patient’s temperature
- Review screening questions
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Lisa Blumofe, D.D.S. and Team